Sunday, November 4, 2007

Tung Ting


"Tung Ting" means 12 trees, it is also the name of a mountain in the middle of Taiwan. This tea was another Paris purchase from La Route De The. There are two particularly interesting things about it. First, it changes around infusion 3 from a sweet fragrant tea to a more deeply flavored one. Second, it makes me thirsty.

Since it can last for 7 infusions or so I tend to brew it early in the morning and re-steep it as the days go on. It is kind of nice to have the company of a single tea as the day develops. Today, Twelve Trees took me all the way from sitting at my computer in the morning to sitting at my computer in the evening. We had quite a journey together.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

3 comments:

Karen B said...

very pretty leaves, but definitely no prettier than those of the bad tea

Aaron Kagan said...

I'm beginning to understand how much tea you have: a lot.

Dave said...

Not how much so much as how many. I've been trying to get small amounts so I can try more. My rough guess right now is that I have 30 or so. The only tea I really have an excessive amount of is the Bi Lo Chun...