Friday, November 2, 2007

2000 Broken Nugget Pu-er

Most great pu-ers come in beautifully compressed cakes. As a result, compressed pu-er is more highly valued than loose pu-er. This gave me an idea: maybe I can get some really good loose pu-er for cheap, since all of the suckers will be avoiding it. Turns out that I was right.

This cooked pu-er has all of the things I love about cooked pu-er: earthy smooth richness that lasts for 7-8 infusions. It also has none of the things I sometimes don't like about cooked pu-er: a sour dank flavor. It is a perfect after dinner tea. Even Posh Spice thinks so.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

3 comments:

Karen B said...

i am confused as to why pu-erh is sometimes spelled with an "h" and somtimes not. is it just the transcription from the Chinese name that hasn't been standardized in English? I take it both are acceptable spellings?

Dave said...

I think you're right and both are acceptable.

Aaron Kagan said...

Does that mean you can call her Pos Spice?