Friday, December 14, 2007

Peach Dan Cong


I've spent much of today on the phone trying to get wood delivered before a foot of snow comes tomorrow. On my break from that I made sure to put in some time staring at my latest paper, not thinking clearly enough to make revisions. I just couldn't concentrate. After lunch and before wood stacking I brewed this organic Peach Dan Cong. As soon as I lifted the gaiwan lid the peach scent hit me. Keep in mind that this tea is not scented with peaches, mixed with peach peel, or anything like that. The leaves just naturally smell this way. Amazing. I was expecting to be overwhelmed by the peach flavor, but the tea has so much else going on: an excellent earthiness. The peach taste really is wonderful too. It reminds me of the part of a peach that is closest to the pit: more pungent and less sweet. After one cup of this I was feeling relaxed and more mentally sound. Now it is time to get back to wood stacking.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

5 comments:

Aaron Kagan said...

I'm a little embarrassed at how interested I am in this tea, because it's for no other reason than it tastes like something you wouldn't expect it to. Still, I hope to serve it at my dinner where I make things that taste like other things, like lemon grass and lemons, sunchokes and artichokes, anise and fennel, and so on.

Dave said...

I'll save some for you, you will love it.

Karen B said...

this tea was absolutely amazing--some for all at New Year's--nevermind that it's not mine to give away...

Anonymous said...

discount basketball shoes
manolo blahnik shoes
nike shoes
michael kors handbags
gucci bags
prada outlet
cheap uggs for sale
salvatore ferragamo shoes
uggs sale
nike roshe run
burberry bags
ugg sale
louis vuitton outlet
gucci handbags
babyliss flat iron
reebok shoes
louis vuitton outlet
ysl shoes
canada goose jackets
ugg australia sale uk
cheap uggs for sale
nike air max 2013
ray ban outlet
miu miu bag
kate spade outlet
cheap jordans for sale
babyliss flat iron
pandora jewelry
fitflop shoes
belstaff outlet
clarks shoes

Unknown said...

zd0723
gucci shoes
beats headphones
air jordan shoes
ugg boots uk
oakley sunglasses wholesale
ray ban sunglasses outlet,ray ban sunglasses,ray ban,rayban,ray bans,ray ban outlet,ray-ban,raybans,ray ban wayfarer,ray-ban sunglasses,raybans.com,rayban sunglasses,cheap ray ban
los angeles clippers jerseys
toms shoes outlet online
supra shoes
arizona cardinals jerseys
lebron shoes
oakley sunglasses outlet
north face jackets
beats by dre
nike mercurial
mizuno running shoes
mulberry outlet
ugg uk
nhl jerseys wholesale
kobe bryant jersey
hermes bags