Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Tacos Lupita


Tacos Lupita probably has more dishes that fit my "Perfect Food" criteria than any other in Somerville, if not the whole US. That means there are plenty of items that meet all of the following requirements: regional, unprocessed, locally made, under two dollars, and good.

The best way to do Tacos Lupita is to go with a few friends and order one of everything. Then, on subsequent visits, you can pop in for your whatever you liked best. On this occasion, I had a tamale and a mulita de lengua (tongue). Large and stuffed with chicken, potatoes and, surprisingly, chick peas, the tamales are extremely filling and comforting. I eat one whenever nothing that I make at home will do the trick.

I liked my meal at Tacos Lupita so much that I forgot to take a picture of it, and it was only once I had wandered outside, slightly dazed and full of different preparations of cornmeal, that I snapped this pic. But if you're feeling over-gorged after a T.L. feast, just go next door to Tea Zone, the yin to Tacos Lupita's yang. There you can have a freshly brewed cup of any tea in the house, and it's the perfect digestive compliment to all that otherwise Perfect Food you ate.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments: