Wednesday, July 30, 2008

I Diss A Major Hot Beverage Company

I was recently invited to an event being hosted in a certain city by a certain internationally known hot beverage corporation. I'd say more except for the stringent legal conditions listed in the signature of the e-mail I received.

But I don't see anything wrong with sharing what I wrote back. In fact, I think you might just find it interesting:

I would like to let you know that I am glad that _______ is doing their part to help promote the drinking of tea. However, I must say that the ultra-convenience of many ______ products, specifically the "_______," seems directly at odds with the traditional culture of tea. I am also concerned by the strain on the environment produced by the excessive packaging of such products, and by _________'s failure to source teas from producers which guarantee fair labor practices. If _________ were to embrace a more environmentally and socially responsible position, I and countless other members of the blogger community would certainly help to promote its efforts.

As Stuffed and Starved said, citing Stan Cox who in turn was citing Voltaire, "Turning Your Lawn Into A Victory Garden Won't Save You -- Fighting The Corporations Will."

So take that, _______!

Stumble Upon Toolbar